Ricoh, ‘s-Hertogenbosch, August 2, 2023 – Ricoh is empowering commercial printers to expand revenue streams and enhance operational efficiency with the next generation Ricoh Pro C9500 digital colour sheetfed press.
The evolution of the highly popular Ricoh Pro™ C9200 has been enhanced with performance improving technologies designed to elevate productivity and quality, while simplifying operations and expanding application opportunities. It has improved efficiency and automation while developing greater labour savings throughout the entire workflow. Collectively they support cost control, business expansion, and free up time for other tasks. The flagship toner-based press has also been developed to enable commercial specialists to further accelerate their analogue to digital transition or confidently upgrade their Print on Demand-oriented digital capabilities. The newly developed Ricoh GC OS (Graphic Communications Operating System) engine controller has introduced operational and maintenance management improvements. It includes a larger screen with an intuitive and easy to use user interface and is compatible with external diagnostic systems and maintenance programmes. Users can access the printer from a PC or tablet, and settings can be remotely managed, saving time, even in a multi-skilled environment where printing operators perform numerous tasks. Greater automation and operational efficiency are powered by the new Auto Color Diagnosis Unit that automates the three critical inspections in commercial printing: quality, registration, and colour fluctuation. It delivers improved inspection accuracy; while there is now greater efficiency post inspection with automatic reprinting and purging functions, and the setting procedure is now easier to operate with seven detection levels to choose from.
Other features and enhancements include:
- Improved media handling of paper between 40gsm and 470gsm with extended input and output options for media up to 1.260mm.
- A newly developed fusing system that allows media to pass smoothly through the fusing process whilst applying heat and pressure evenly to achieve high image quality on a wide range of substrates.
- New paper transfer unit to enable improved front to back registration.
- Improved 21.5 inch operator panel enabling the operation of applications in one place.
- New powerful DFE (Digital Front End) options developed in collaboration with Fiery to support operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Speed upgrade up to 135ppm via a productivity module that can be fitted post installation.
- New finishing options with the GBC StreamPunch Plus for inline creasing and perforating and the Plockmatic Crease Trimmer unit for top and bottom trimming and creasing.
Simon Isaacs, National Director, Ricoh UK Graphic Communications Group, says: “I believe the launch of the new Pro C9500 represents a leap forward in the evolution of production technology and is designed to enable print providers to expand their production reach. Its capabilities will enable our clients to maximise their business effectiveness and return on investment through a range of value-added software options, including Ricoh TotalFlow Supervisor™, Ricoh TotalFlow Production Manager and Ricoh FusionPro.” “Let’s not forget that the Pro C9500 also incorporates proven technologies introduced on the Ricoh Pro C9200 which is the leading model in its category. These include VCSEL technology (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser), DEMS (Development Electric-field Modulation System), fusing belt smoothing roller, DSC (Dynamic Shading Correction), registration adjustment, and inline sensor system.”
Ga voor meer informatie naar www.ricoh.co.uk